Bore Size- Thickness: 90.5 mm – 0.047″
The Athena Cut Ring Head Gasket is designed as a direct replacement for BMW part # 11127567764 and 11127567765, specifically for use inS63 turbocharged V8 engines.
Sold as a pair Bank 1 and Bank 2.
Standard OEM & MLS gaskets can only handle a certain amount of cylinder pressures before they start to leak, making the Athena Cut Ring Head Gasket the recommended choice for applications making 16+ psi.
A compression leak passing the head gasket can cause a range of issues, including engine overheating, loss of power, misfires, and in severe cases, catastrophic engine failure.
Athena’s gasket is crafted with premium quality reinforced M0115, an asbestos-free material that’s original equipment approved and renowned for its superior quality. The AISI 304 stainless steel Cooper Rings bite into the aluminum head, providing maximum sealing capabilities around the cylinder bore and optimizing engine performance, even on engines with nitrous and/or turbo applications that exceed 2 bar boost.
Before installation, it is crucial to have the mating surfaces of the cylinder head and block professionally cleaned and resurfaced to ensure they are completely flat.
Please be aware that the gasket should have a size that is 0.5mm to 1mm larger than the piston. For example, if the piston measures 89mm, then the gasket should be the next size up, either 89.5mm or 90mm.
*** Will NOT work on F90 M5 S63 ***
- Make sure that the engine block and cylinder head surfaces are clean, flat, and free from any debris, oil, or coolant.
- Install the Cut Ring gasket on the engine block and ensure that it is properly aligned. Avoid twisting or bending the gasket during installation.
- Place the cylinder head on top of the gasket and install the head bolts or studs in their correct positions.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommended torque specifications and tighten the bolts or studs in the proper sequence to ensure even clamping force across the gasket.
- After the initial tightening, re-torque the head bolts or studs after the engine has been started and then allowed to cool to room temperature. This will ensure that the gasket is properly seated and compressed.
- It is recommended to not use any additional sealant on the MLS gasket, as it is already coated with a Viton rubber sealant. Using additional sealant can hinder the performance of the gasket.